On 6 June 2018, the Polish Insurance Association organised a workshop entitled ‘Interpretation and implementation of the provisions of the Act of 15 December 2017 on insurance distribution”. The meeting was attended by Ewa Krajewska, Deputy Director of the Insurance Licence Department at the Polish Financial Supervision Authority Office, Marcin Orlicki, PhD, Professor at Adam Mickiewicz University, Legal Counsel, Jakub Pokrzywniak PhD, Professor at Adam Mickiewicz University, Legal Counsel and Piotr Czublun, Attorney, Legal Counsel.
The following issues were presented during the workshop:
- Changes in the register of insurance agents. Update of data in the register after entry into force of the act on insurance distribution
- research into client needs before concluding an insurance contract. Legal effects of the general clause of compliance of an insurance contract with client requirements and needs for insurance companies
- information about an insurance product in the form of a standardised document. Required scope of information vs. structure and complexity of an insurance product
- close links with an agent and capital links which prevent effective supervision of the Polish Supervision Authority
- nature of remuneration of agents and persons performing agency activities, avoiding conflicts of interest, remunerating insurers and persons handling group insurance contracts
- activities excluded from the scope of insurance distribution
The workshop was specifically intended for legal counsels and core employees of insurance companies who are engaged in insurance distribution and agent administration.