For a number of years now, PIU has been regularly involved in insurance crime research. The repetitive nature of the research, coordinated by the Committee for Counteracting Insurance Crime and the Subcommittee for Counteracting Life Insurance Crime, carried out with the use of well-established methods, ensures the reliability thereof and makes it possible for the findings to be used to evaluate the systemic solutions intended to counteract the threat of the insurance crime.
- In Section I (life insurance) 836 criminal acts for the amount of PLN 11.3 million were detected. The number of act increased YoY by 57%, and the value of acts by 10%.
- The average value of extortion in life insurance is PLN 13 thousand.
- In Section II (property insurance) 13,129 criminal acts for the amount of PLN 179.8 million were detected. The number of acts increased by 43%, and the amount increased by 19%.
- The average value of extortion in property insurance is PLN 13.7 thousand.
- The number of offences (damages to property) in the area of motor civil liability insurance (OC) is 5,450 acts is in the amount of PLN 54 million
- The number of offences (personal damages) in the area of motor civil liability insurance (OC) is 3,599 acts is in the amount of PLN 58.3 million
- The number of offences in the area of comprehensive Auto Casco (AC) insurance is 2,151 acts in the amount of PLN 33.8 million
- 85% of the events on the property market concern motor vehicle insurance