THE POLISH CHAMBER OF INSURANCE BECOMES AN INSTITUTIONAL PARTNER OF THE XIII EUROPEAN FINANCIAL CONGRESS. IT IS THE FIRST TIME THAT INSURANCE WILL BE A SEPARATE ITEM ON THE AGENDA. IN SOPOT WE PLAN TO DISCUSS, AMONG OTHER THINGS, THE ROLE OF INSURANCE IN ENERGY TRANSFORMATION.
Each year, the Congress is attended by more than 1,500 representatives of business, financial institutions, consulting, law firms and higher education institutions. They discuss practical solutions in the areas of major importance for the development of Poland and of the European Union. This year, the areas of discussion were expanded to include insurance issues.
INSURANCE AND THE POWER SECTOR
You are very welcome to attend the panel prepared by the Chamber: ‘The Role of Insurance in Energy Sector Transformation’, which is planned for 7 June 12:00 – 13:00. The participants are going to discuss practical aspects of insuring the new energy. They will talk about development of insurance products for new technologies and providing cover for completion and financing of investments in new energy sources. There is more to come. The panel programme also includes good insurance practices in the area of green products and the role of insurers as investors. Discussions will also concern tasks involved in development of regulatory standards for the green economy.
The following persons expressed their intention to attend the panel:
- Robert Dębecki, Director of the Guarantees Department, KUKE
- Piotr Nettik, Underwriting Director, Corporate Client Division, PZU
- Daria Ringwelska, Deputy Director, Insurance Supervision Department, KNF Office
- Hanna Ulańska, Senior Manager | European Actuarial Services, EY, and
- Rafał Mańkowski, Expert of the Polish Chamber of Insurance.
OTHER EFC EVENTS
The XIII Congress offers numerous debates on the use of state-of-the-art technologies and energy transformation. How to fight inflation and how to ethically use the potential of artificial intelligence and avoid dead ends? These are just a few of the many issues to be discussed by congress participants.
The programme includes:
- A Debate of Presidents – a map of challenges facing the banking sector
- EFC Macroeconomic Round Table – a map of challenges for 2023–2026
- EFC Technological Round Table – a map of challenges for the banking sector in 2023–2026
- The banking risk – a map of challenges for the banking sector CRO round table
- Oxford Debate of the EFC Academy
- Stars of Banking – the official award ceremony in DGP ranking
For more information about the Congress, visit: https://www.efcongress.com/. You are welcome to attend!