Data dodania: 25 June 2019
More than 100 guests attended the reinsurance seminar organised by the Reinsurance sub-committee of the Polish Chamber of Insurance, which took place on 18 June 2019 at the Radisson Blu hotel at ul. Grzybowska 24 in Warsaw. The conference was opened by Andrzej Maciążek, vice-president of the Board of PIU and Jacek Kugacz, chairman of the Reinsurance sub-committee. The seminar was chaired by Joanna Grzejdziak and Anna Cieślak, members of the sub-committee. Presentations were delivered by:
- Jakub Ryzenko, PhD from the Crisis Information Centre of the Polish Academy of Sciences, who talked about the possibilities of using new technologies in the insurance sector;
- Frank Joachim Rückert, general manager at Hannover Re. His speech focused on the digitisation of reinsurance contract management;
- Andrew Bandurka, partner at the law firm HFW, discussed reinsurance contracts and problems related to the interpretation of reinsurance clauses;
- Lukas Travnicek and Martin Gregor from Aon Benfield presented the possibilities of using retrospective reinsurance to reduce the requirements laid down by Solvency II;
- Paweł Koszorek and Robert Joniec from Guy Carpenter elaborated on the use of retrospective reinsurance on the basis of the example of loss portfolio transfer and advance development cover agreements;
- Beata Mrozowska-Bartkiewicz, legal counsel from the law firm DLA Piper, clarified the legal aspects of the use of ‘run-off’ instruments by insurance companies.