Data dodania: 19 June 2017
A seminar called “Innovative managerial and technological solutions in reinsurance”, organised by the Reinsurance sub-committee of the Polish Insurance Association, was held on 13 June 2017. The event was opened by Andrzej Maciążek, Vice-president of the PIU, and Jacek Kugacz, Vice-president of Polskie Towarzystwo Reasekuracji. The following persons gave talks during the seminar:
- Krzysztof Łyskawa, Ph.D., from the Poznań University of Economics and Business, who discussed the possibilities and inconsistencies ensuing from the use of data by insurance companies through the prism of agricultural insurance
- Simon Dufour – Head of the Innovation Team at Munich Re – who gave a presentation on the role of reinsurance in the current innovation system
- Michał Wyczałek – Geomatic, Institute of Geodesy and Cartography – who gave a presentation on the possibilities of using satellite and aerial data to estimate losses, among other things, in cases of natural, construction or agricultural disasters
- Dariusz Ziółkowski, Ph.D., from the Institute of Geodesy and Cartography, who explained how subgrade deformation monitoring systems can be helpful in assessing the risk of occurrence of losses caused by infrastructural investments and in the analysis of those losses
- Paweł Koszorek – Guy Carpenter – who talked about online risk management and gave a presentation on a new business solution in the form of an online auction of reinsurance volumes
- Enrico Lerza – Director of Reinsurance Consulting & Business Development, C Consulting and Marcin Grabowski – Executive Manager Digital Center of Excellence, Be Poland Think, Solve & Execute – Data management in reinsurance as the “IoT” foundation in risk management, who gave a presentation on an innovative concept of the Internet of Things which makes it possible to obtain and process data which to date insurance and reinsurance companies have not analysed.