Polish Financial Supervision Authority
Polish Financial Supervision Authority supervises banking sector, capital market sector, insurance sector, pension scheme sector and electronic money institutions. Tasks:
- undertaking measures aimed at ensuring regular operation of the financial market;
- undertaking measures aimed at development of financial market and its competitiveness;
- undertaking educational and information measures related to financial market operation;
- participation in the drafting of legal acts related to financial market supervision;
- creating the opportunities for amicable and conciliatory settlement of disputes which may arise between financial market actors, in particular disputes resulting from contractual relations between entities covered by PFSA supervision and recipients of services provided by those entities;
- carrying out other activities provided for by acts of law.
The aim of the financial market supervision is to ensure a regular operation of this market, its stability, security and transparency, confidence in the financial market as well as to ensure that the interests of market actors are protected.
PFSA activity shall be supervised by the President of the Council of Ministers.